2015/08/12

Made in Italy

Being currently in London I've noticed I'm speaking more often Italian than English or even Polish.
There are some political and economical reasons behind the constantly increasing rate of Italian immigrants, but I'm not going to analyse this. The daily presence of Italians, sound of Italian language and aroma of the cooking pasta reminded me my longer and shorter trips to Italy. The pictures came from different places and different periods.

Rome, September 2007. 
First one is the staircase in Vatican Palace, designed to be used by cavalry.
Second one is another popular place - the St. Angel's Bridge which had a special meaning for me, because I passed across it every morning going to school (language school :)) and afternoon - coming back. And yes, I loved Bernini's sculptures,...all of them.
And third, well, I don't think it needs a comment :) Just one thing - I took this picture on a rare, rainy day of that September. So, Forum Romanum after a still summer rain... 



Bolonia, 2010

I came to watch the thesis defence of my friend and celebrate her MA, which is quite a tradition in Italy (meaning a lot of drinking and eating:)) But in the meantime I walked around this lovely town famous from its arcades (and not eaten there - spaghetti bolognese).




Bicycles, July 2008

in Florence


 in Lucca


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz